May 19th, 2018 is a special date for more than a few brides around the world – but we are guessing you know of one in particular – Will you be following the Royal Wedding? We will! Via DVR, because you know… here in the U.S. the wedding will be live at 7 a.m. ET/ 4 a.m. PT — with pre-wedding coverage beginning even earlier. But still, we are ready to host the perfect watch party!
We donned our favorite bridesmaid’s dresses (because, really… when else do you get to rewear those?) and put together a special tea time table scape to celebrate the royal nuptials in a simple but sophisticated manner.
Gold flatware, blush watercolor plates, brush painted cocktail napkins, and soft florals come together in this elegant table scape to create a celebration fit for a queen.
What kind of party would it be without a classy cocktail to complete things? May we suggest this Gin, Elderflower, and Prosecco Fizz?
- 2 parts Gin
- 1 part Elderflower Liqueur
- Lemon or Lime Wedges
- Sugar (for the rim of your glass)
- Fill a shaker with ice. Add Gin and Elderflower Liqueur. Shake, while frolicking about.
- Place the sugar on a small plate. Run a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of a champagne flute and press the rim in the sugar to coat it.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the glass and top with Prossecco. Squeeze a lemon or lime wedge in the drink and garnish with an additional wedge.
- Serve immediately. Drink with your pinky out, because this is a Royal affair.
To compliment our cocktail, we chose an assortment of fresh berries, sweet American treats, and classic British fare with which to delight our guests — cucumber sandwiches, cranberry lemon scones, petit fours, and an assortment of perfectly decorated sugar cookies that matched our decor did the trick!
Our warmest wishes and sincere congratulations to the newlyweds!
The Jollity Girls