It’s the peak of watermelon season, so the Jollity girls are bringing you the most melon-tastic picnic ever! Today’s recipes are for a Watermelon Mojito and a Watermelon Feta Crostini. If you’ve never incorporated feta cheese and watermelon, your life is about to get so much yummier! Check out the recipes below and our favorite way to style a picnic-for-two.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Bottle of clear rum
- Bottle of sparkling water (bonus if it’s mint flavored!)
- Fresh mint (we love using Mojito Mint!)
- Fresh basil
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Thick french bread
- Balsamic reduction
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE YOUR CROSTINI:
- Slice your French bread into thick slices and pop into the toaster to get them slightly toasted!
- Roughly chop 2 cups of watermelon
- Thinly slice 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Combine watermelon, basil, and feta in a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt over the mixture
- Serve the mixture atop the slices of French bread, then squeeze a little bit of lime juice onto the crostini’s, finish with a drizzle of balsamic!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR MOJITO:
- Add 1.5 shot of rum, the juice of 1/2 lime, a few cubes of watermelon, and a few sprigs of mint into a martini shaker
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds
- Pour mixture over ice, leaving about 1 inch of room
- Top off with sparkling water, stir
- Add a few more sprigs of mint, a slice of watermelon, and a slice of lime to garnish the drink!
HOW TO STYLE:
There is nothing better than BRIGHT pops of color for a summer picnic! This Sunburst Cooler Bag is the perfect tote to bring your food & drink down to the beach to watch the sunset. We selected our Oh Kale No Dinner Plates and Cocktail Napkins, Ruby Kiss Dessert Plates, Pinky Pie 12oz Cups, Pink Striped Guest Napkins, and Gold To Go Foil Straws to bring out all of the beautiful colors of our Watermelon Picnic!
If you have your own Watermelon Picnic, we would love to see it! Tag us on social media @jollityandco and use the hashtag #partywithjollity