With the hottest summer ever in full effect, we’ve been taking advantage of eating everything that’s cold and delicious from popsicles to pizza…Not the cheese and pepperoni covered pizza (as much as we love it), but pizza with FRUIT. Yes you heard it, a fruit pizza! Check out the recipe below and our favorite pieces to serve it with.
YOU WILL NEED
- Watermelon (see below for our tips on picking the perfect melon)
- Greek Yogurt
- Edible Flowers
- Honey (optional, if you want it a little sweeter)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PIZZA
- Slice your watermelon into large circular slices, about 2″ thick
- Using a spatula, spread a layer of greek yogurt over the watermelon slices
- Decorate with your fruit and flowers
- For extra sweetness, drizzle with honey
- Slice it for everyone to have a piece
HOW TO DECORATE THE TABLE
There is something about gingham and bright colors that just screams summer picnic! To set the table for this fruit pizza party we chose to display the slices on a decorative charger plate. We then selected bright colored cocktail napkins, festive cups and straws, and layered it all on a summery table runner.
If you make this fruit pizza, we would love to see it! Tag us on social media @jollityandco and use hashtag #partywithjollity.