Trying to find cute accessories to show your love of the spooky season can be ghoulish, but we have your back with this adorable, batty headband DIY!
YOU WILL NEED
- Hot Glue Gun
- Plastic Headband (color of your choice)
- 2, 3-4″ Black Springs (medium gauge)
- Bat Printable (scroll to the bottom)
- Construction Paper (color of your choice, optional)
Print out our little bats! You have a few options here:
- If you want black bats, print out two of the bat printable (so you have four bats total)
- If you want bats of a different color, print out one bat printable (so you have two bats total)
If you’ve chosen the first option, cut the bats out so you have four black bats. If you’ve chosen the second option, cut out your two bats, and trace them on construction paper in the color of your choice. You’ll still need four bats, so make sure to cut out four! We chose to keep our spooky little friends a classic black.
Now you have your four bats! Time to attach them. Take the top of a spring, and bend the first coil up vertically. This will give us a surface to glue our little bats to. Bend the tops of both springs.
Adhere your bats to the springs with hot glue, a front and back to each spring. Now you have two boing-y bats!
Twist the bottoms of the springs over the headband to attach them. Our springs were tight enough to stand up on their own after they were twisted once or twice, but if they need a little more support, you can give them a little tap of hot glue. Voila! A beautifully batty accessory for Halloween!
Let us know how yours turns out, and tag us @jollityco and use hashtag #partywithjollity